Many businesses, whether private or public, store and continually amass chemicals. These chemicals may be ordered to complete work, or may be a waste product of a process. Several facilities such as laboratories, healthcare facilities, and schools, to name a few, accumulate chemicals in work, lab, or storage areas. These chemicals can take up room when real estate is valuable and even cause safety concerns.
Our professional services are here to help you clear out and safely manage outdated, contaminated, or unidentified chemicals. Removing them from your work space creates a healthier environment for your staff and customers.
Why Lab Packs Are Crucial
Partially used, leaking, and contaminated chemicals are an unnecessary risk, and are actually classified as a regulated hazardous waste. If laboratory chemicals aren’t dealt with properly, they can accumulate and grow outdated.
A lab pack is a process of managing containerized hazardous and non-hazardous materials of five gallons or less for transportation and disposal.
While five gallons or less may not seem like much, the chemicals inside can be extremely dangerous. If your laboratory possesses chemicals in containers larger than 5 gallons, such as plastic bins and steel drums, these can still be managed by Resource Environmental Inc., as a bulk hazardous material.
What to Expect
To conduct lab pack, Resource sends specialists trained in chemical recognition and compatibility to perform same day lab pack services at your facility. Each and every one of our services are in strict compliance with all applicable EPA, DOT and OSHA, regulations.
- Chemical Specialists arrive on-site. Our staff members need minimal supervision, only requiring a signatory authority upon completion of the pack.
- Chemicals are sorted in accordance with EPA and DOT regulations. This involves chemical identification, categorization, and segregation.
- Packing list is created. Our specialists will maintain an inventory list of all chemicals.
- Chemicals are packaged. Materials are packaged into a drum that can range from 5-55 gallons.
- Chemical specialists provide and complete all necessary paperwork. This includes the hazardous waste manifest, land disposal restriction forms, packing slips, proper labels and container markings.
- You sign off! Following your signature, we remove and dispose of all chemicals.
Chemicals We Manage
Our lab packing services remove hazardous and nonhazardous chemicals such as:
- Acids and base reagents
- Cleaners / Disinfectants
- Inks / Dyes
- Pool chemicals
- Solvents / Thinners / Varnish / Paint stripper
- Toxic substances
- Acutely toxic materials
- Unidentified chemicals
Chemical hazards can pose enormous safety risks to your employees, the general public, even the environment. As a result of these dangers, strict federal, state, and local laws have been enacted in regards to storage, repackaging, shipping, and disposal of these chemicals. Additionally, these regulations also mandate the use of approved disposal facilities.
Call us today at (570) 278-8392!